Mandriva Management Console (aka MMC) is a framework on which are developed two projects.
- Pulse 2 - Open Source Computer System Management
- Mandriva Directory Server - Identities and network services management
Checkout the team behind MMC projects.
Pulse 2 - Open Source Computer System Management¶
Pulse 2 is an Open Source tool that simplifies application deployment, inventory, and maintenance of an IT network.
It has been designed to handle from a few computers on a single site to 100 000+ computers spread on many sites.
Pulse 2 is an easy-to-use, safe and flexible solution that lets you :
- Supervise large scale facilities through the use of a single Web interface console,
- Create and deploy hard disk images of your computers (imaging module),
- Deploy new software and security updates on all your IT assets,
- Perform software and hardware inventory,
- Do remote diagnostics and remote management.
- It supports heterogeneous platforms such as MS Windows, GNU/Linux (Mandriva, Redhat, Debian, Ubuntu., etc.), Mac OSX, HP-UX, IBM AIX and Solaris systems.
Pulse 2 Wiki pages¶
Mandriva Directory Server - Identities and network services management¶
The Mandriva Directory Server (MDS) is a Free Software project that features:
- user authentication and management thanks to LDAP
- an extensible, nice looking and AJAX powered PHP web interface called MMC (Mandriva Management Console), provided with modules:
- Users and groups management
- SAMBA accounts and shares management
- Email delivery management
- Integrated DNS/DHCP management
- Web proxy blacklist management
- a Python dedicated management API for LDAP, SAMBA and SQUID (core of the MDS and the MMC)
Read the initial press release